Category Archives: update

Thanks to You

I donated $50 to Save The Children / Haiti efforts; for sales of my one and only (so far) pattern: Infinity Peacocks Moebius Wrap – see right sidebar. I’d planned to donate $2 per pattern sale, but no, I did not sell 25 patterns. 😉 I did sell some and just landed on this arbitrary total for my final donation. Thanks f0r supporting this great cause!

Advertisements

Knit, Seamed, Hot Felted in the Top Loader

The cadences and drum rolls from my son’s Christmas prezzie (drum set) have spurred me to complete another project so that I can finally say the drum roll is for me! Viola, a year long in the waiting (but which project hasn’t been lately)! I’m done. Check mark, notch on the pole, close the pattern binder.

Anne's Norge Slips

Here are my new NorgeSlips from a Drops pattern. I’ve already warned you that Drops writes patterns old-style so you really have to read and reread prior to casting on or continuing to the next section. This was a small and fast project. I say that with a smirk.

The knitting was on larger needles so the Bozo-the-clown finished product had shrinking room. They actually have been seamed since last February (that’s 09 folks). I set them aside to work on other projects and get more felted projects ready before I used so much water and spin for just this – the frugal side said ‘get a load’ or at least more than one project. . .

2009 came and went (and it went out kicking and screaming) but my slippers did not make the trip to the spin dry until this week. I can see where I would like to edit and how I could possibly spot shrink certain parts but for a first effort I’m very happy.

The name I’ve given has a reason. I plan to put puffy paint on the soles so I don’t go sliding or slipping — could be good ab exercise though. I’ll have to rethink that. 😉

Finished and Not Surprised

As I’d expected after binding off. This is not a Large size but an Extra Large size!

Infinity Peacocks Moebius Wrap

The photos show off the knitting but my friend is a Large  and the fit is a bit drapey. We decided that a circumference of 44-46 inches was required, so ladies, if you want to drape a measuring tape around your arms (i.e. really – around your arms) and take your measure. I’d expect a 48″ circumference could work too. The ‘bias’ stretch of this goes wider since the lace pattern is width-wise. Blocking was interesting too. I had to half dry then reposition so that the ‘length’ was readjusted and stretched tall. It worked fortunately.

Pattern up and down across the back. Nice juxtaposition.

Now, since I cannot wear this – and I borrowed some matching alpaca to finish the i-cord bind off (short by 14 inches) – I’m going to frog (GASP) and reknit in my intended size. This color is just too precious to give away!

These adjusted measurements will be added soon to the addendums and adjusted on the pattern so those of you who have already purchased should (as I understand ravelry’s workings) receive an email to your original address. . . . or you can just re-download because once you’ve purchased, you are allowed to (but just you. Please respect the designer).

If you are an Extra Large size, the wollmeise fingering will work with just one skein. You just won’t have enough for the i-cord bind off, so either use a contrasting yarn for that or do a simpler bind off – which is not as finished looking.

I hope that satisfys any questions and unknowns. It’s a great pattern. Had I just knit without distraction I could’ve been done in about a week or two. Switching yarns (see older post), and working around family and work/out-of-work schedules made this a year too long. Let me know what you think.

I’m looking forward to having my own finally in my size. 😉

Mine Hut er hat drei ecken. … humm along!

Just kidding. An old German song I learned in 2nd grade.  

boyera_1a.jpg  boyera_2a.jpg  boyera_3a.jpg  boyera_4a.jpg  boyera_5b.jpg

Here are the hats I entered . . . . .  . the pics are not professional and quickly staged, so pardon me for that. The deadline was fast and furious. 😉

 

 

And now, I’ll be singing in German all day too. It’s called guerilla song plants. heeeee. Let me know if you caught it too. . . .